Adding an Ethernet Interface

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
doublevee

Adding an Ethernet Interface

Post by doublevee » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 pm

I am looking to add an Ethernet interface to my MP based product. I am currently using a 32F411 and serial over USB for comms.

I would ideally like to use a different ST MCU with native Ethernet support so have been looking at 32F407 for example.

For me, this would be a cleaner solution than using an SPI connection to a WizNet 5500, for example.

I would be interested in people’s views on how they have approached this situation previously.

doublevee

Re: Adding an Ethernet Interface

Post by doublevee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Would anyone have any views on this?

kwiley

Post by kwiley » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 am

I connected an ethernet port to a PyBoard at one point, but I did it with a WizNet. As I recall, it worked perfectly. I actually got a second WizNet device after that, a different model. I can't remember what the difference or purported advantage of the second model was. I never got around to wiring it up.

As your question pertaining to alternative approaches, I have no input. Sorry. :-) Just responding to say the WizNet worked fine when I tested it.

doublevee

Post by doublevee » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Thanks Kwiley - I am looking into the Wiznet solution as well. Thanks for your comments