Source code for the pyboard??

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
adouglas

Source code for the pyboard??

Post by adouglas » Tue May 11, 2021 4:40 pm

I am surprised to find that the source code for the pyboard is not anywhere to be found on the downloads page. I want in particular to look at the pyb module to determine what is wrong with the Servo module.

The source code should be smack right there. The micropython code is there, but not the specific port of the pyboard stuff.

adouglas

Re: Source code for the pyboard??

Post by adouglas » Tue May 11, 2021 4:45 pm

ok, the stm32 ports file, it is buried way in there. Man there are a lot of boards. There can't be that many actual proper ports when the main one is still in beta. It was last modified 2 years ago?? That can't be right, unless development has all but halted.

Still haven't been able to actually access pyb.

adouglas

Post by adouglas » Tue May 11, 2021 5:01 pm

ok, after searching for 45 minutes, the pyb.py file is nowhere to be found. I have to go do something else, this kind of refractory problem is exactly the reason I avoid proprietary stuff, and now here...

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Wed May 12, 2021 1:20 am

What Christian posted is the source code (written in C) for the servo module found in pyb. There is no pyb.py file.

There are lots of boards. Each board has peculiarities that need to be accommodated. They use different crystals, slightly different MCUs and expose different pins. All of this is accommodated through the board files.