Thonny install

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
lbayo

Thonny install

Post by lbayo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi,

I have a problem and I can't solve it. I have Ubuntu 20.04. A few days ago I tried using Thonny on an ESP32 and had errors. I reinstalled it and now when I press Tools-Options, the folder "Interpreter" (in “Options”) will no longer appear. I have tried deleting and reinstalling in various ways and it doesn't work for me. It always gives me an error and the option to change the interpreter does not appear.
The error says "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'serial.tools'" but before I did

$ pip3 install serial
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Requirement already satisfied: serial in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (0.0.97)
Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml> = 3.13 in / usr / lib / python3 / dist-packages (from serial) (5.3.1)
Requirement already satisfied: future> = 0.17.1 in / usr / lib / python3 / dist-packages (from serial) (0.18.2)
Requirement already satisfied: iso8601> = 0.1.12 in ./.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from serial) (0.1.16)

Can it be some environment variable?
Can anybody help me?

hcet14

Re: Thonny install

Post by hcet14 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi lbayo ,
you may try here
hcet14
I'm a beginner with this stuff and no programmer at all.