Storing file system in external QSPI in read only format.

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
ethan.oneill

Storing file system in external QSPI in read only format.

Post by ethan.oneill » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:47 am

Good morning. I have developed my own board using the STM32F746G microchip and the mt25ql256aba1ew9-0sit QSPI flash. I created my own external loader which I used to upload the filesystem to the QSPI flash. I have also developed my own .elf file to run on the board. The .elf file works perfectly fine when I run the filesystem on the internal flash. However when I edited the .elf file to allow for executing the filesystem in the QSPI, I get the error "MPY: can't mount flash". I can access micropython through the repl but cannot run the filesystem that I have stored on the QSPI. The filesystem is stored at location 0x90000000 in the quad spi and the main micropython program runs on the internal flash starting at location 0x08000000. I am not sure if the filesystem has to be stored in a different location in the QSPI or if I am missing some commands in the setup in the .elf file.

I only want to read the filesystem from the QSPI and execute it. Any help on the matter will be gladly appreciated.