ESP32 Custom PCB design

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
tepalia02

Re: ESP32 Custom PCB design

Post by tepalia02 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi again, I found an article that I thought would be helpful to you. Here is an article regarding rigid-flex PCB: https://pcbtracks.com/introduction-to-rigid-flex-pcb/

From this article, you'll know the characteristics of rigid-flex PCBs. You'll also know the materials used in this technology. It also sheds light on the manufacturing process and production flow.

Nicolett

Post by Nicolett » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:21 am

I've heard a lot about Eagle when talking about PCB design

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:38 am

Eagle was mentioned before, but it is either expensive, or, when free, too restricted.

nekomatic

Post by nekomatic » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:53 am

BetterAutomations wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:59 pm
Is anything in that document relevant to using a module such as the WROVER? The second "Standalone ESP32 Module" made me wonder if for example I must use a four-layer design. I had hoped to place a WROVER on a two-layer board.
The WROVER is a standalone ESP32 module, so that document explains how to design something like the WROVER itself.

To use the WROVER on your own board, look at the WROVER datasheet. There's a 'recommended PCB land pattern' that I think implies a two-layer PCB with vias to conduct heat to the reverse side.

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:12 pm

One general comment about ESP32 modules: I believe the antenna should protrude beyond the edge of the PCB as per Espressif's own designs.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

BetterAutomations

Post by BetterAutomations » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:54 pm

nekomatic wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:53 am
BetterAutomations wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:59 pm
Is anything in that document relevant to using a module such as the WROVER? The second "Standalone ESP32 Module" made me wonder if for example I must use a four-layer design. I had hoped to place a WROVER on a two-layer board.
The WROVER is a standalone ESP32 module, so that document explains how to design something like the WROVER itself.

To use the WROVER on your own board, look at the WROVER datasheet. There's a 'recommended PCB land pattern' that I think implies a two-layer PCB with vias to conduct heat to the reverse side.
That's what I thought it was saying, thanks. And yes, I'll use the WROVER datasheet for the land pattern.

SamHe

Post by SamHe » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:12 am

Although many makes like using the pcbway board. But I perfer to recommand the NextPCB. In my X-ray checking in proportion of copper, NextPCB have more strong advantage. That is to say, their have a better quality. This is their online pcb quote page.