paid micropython consultancy gig

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
ChrisO

paid micropython consultancy gig

Post by ChrisO » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:06 am

Hi,

I'm really close to finishing up the initial version of our micropython powered custom hardware (with an ESP32 as the controller).
It will be used in our new line up of smart vending machines.

I'm looking for an embedded expert who's capable of providing tips to solve the last few challenges (see below), reviewing my work and likes to provide constructive feedback. (think 3 days / 2 weeks tops)
You'll be looking at the work of a senior full-stack developer, who's at the same time a beginner embedded developer.
I'm expecting code readability and structure to be fine, in general. But there's a couple of things that probably need attention:

- dynamic memory allocation. How often it happens and where it makes sense to refactor/reduce it. (with the goal of improving stability)
- I need some help making sure that bursts of messages won't crash the controller, part of this entails understanding how the C-stack and MP work together. (referring to emac_esp32_rx_task)
- You can definitely work remotely, although it would be icing on the cake if you could visit our office in Nieuw-Vennep (nearby Amsterdam)
- The code review you can do at your leisure, and I'm expecting that some pair programming will work nicely for the more pesky issues like the aforementioned burst messages.

The project itself is really interesting if I may say so myself:
- BLE
- WIFI/LAN
- MQTT + TLS + Websocket support
- more than 15 sensors

How to apply:
- send me a private message on this forum with:
- some basic information about yourself
- not a resume per se, but the more proof of your expertise, the better.
- availability
- hourly rate (if you have one)

I'll respond to your message and when we're interested, we'll start with a video call to get to know each other and then we'll take it from there.

regards,
Chris
Chris

tepalia02

Re: paid micropython consultancy gig

Post by tepalia02 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 am

I think you'll get more responses if you post this to freelancing websites.