Newbie issues - Github & mpy-cross

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
DougW_Sask

Newbie issues - Github & mpy-cross

Post by DougW_Sask » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi: Coming from a non software background but trying to learn as day job permits. Trying to create mpy files for Pi picos. They are running stock V1.19 micropython. From version test they return:
mpy version: 6
mpy flags: -march=armv6m

I've forked the main micropython repository to download - & checked that all fetches are up to date for the branch. I've also (very recently) - made sure that all previous local copies are deleted from my machine (Macbook Pro OS 11.6.7).

When I build mpy-cross (make clean initially just to be sure) I have the following: mpy-cross % mpy-cross --version
MicroPython v1.16-dirty on 2021-06-21; mpy-cross emitting mpy v5.

It will not accept a -march=armv6m option - armv6 gives an incompatible mpy file. (test file is just a set of arrays for reference by a main script for now).

Am I right that I should be seeing V1.19for the mpy-cross version? Is there something about the git call that I am missing?

Many thanks!

Doug

jimmo

Re: Newbie issues - Github & mpy-cross

Post by jimmo » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 am

DougW_Sask wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:23 pm
Am I right that I should be seeing V1.19for the mpy-cross version? Is there something about the git call that I am missing?
Looks like either:

- Your repo isn't at v1.19.1 (or later)
- mpy-cross hasn't been rebuilt
- You have a different mpy-cross in your path

The following commands should be able to tell you what's going on:

Code: Select all

$ git rev-parse --short HEAD
$ which mpy-cross
$ ls -la path-to-mpy-cross

DougW_Sask

Re: Newbie issues - Github & mpy-cross

Post by DougW_Sask » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Thanks!

It was an odd entry in my profile that was directing me to a osX environment - was able to clear it (set it to a new user path template) - now it builds, and creates mpy files that do what I need!

Thanks again!