Protest against the registration verification !

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
aind

Protest against the registration verification !

Post by aind » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:58 pm

Hello,
so my eye sight is not so good and i had to spend almost 30 minutes looking at the header image to try and understand (because i CANNOT SEE) the port character margins to figure out what it is..

Why is this a thing..? Why are you tormenting the people with (mild) disabilities.. ?

MMliam

Re: Protest against the registration verification !

Post by MMliam » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:53 pm

I, for one, totally agree; a basic captcha would be totally sufficient; if needed at all.

DeaD_EyE

Post by DeaD_EyE » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:47 pm

I thought I was the only one who had trouble recognizing the captcha. My eyes are still OK, though. On the second try, I just looked at the picture in magnification.

jimmo

Post by jimmo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:44 am

Sorry about this!

Personally my preference is to move the forums to Github Discussions and no longer have to do account management here at all. See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12577

I will report this to the people who run the forum though and maybe the captcha can be updated in the meantime.

DeaD_EyE

Post by DeaD_EyE » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:42 am

The majority of open-source software is hosted on a closed source platform controlled by Microsoft.
I don't like it that everything is moved to a company (Microsoft) controlled platform. If something later changes, you'll regret it.

TheSilverBullet

Post by TheSilverBullet » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:52 am

My eyesight isn't the best either, but whenever I need to decipher something to tiny I use ›xzoom‹.
If I'm not entirely wrong (and it's a very long time since I touched that) even Windows has something like ›zoom‹
Just a hint…

aind

Post by aind » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:43 am

jimmo wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:44 am
I will report this to the people who run the forum though and maybe the captcha can be updated in the meantime.
I really appreciate it !

scruss

Post by scruss » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm

DeaD_EyE wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:42 am
The majority of open-source software is hosted on a closed source platform controlled by Microsoft.
I don't like it that everything is moved to a company (Microsoft) controlled platform. If something later changes, you'll regret it.
Microsoft, as a large company that can be sued, has to provide best-in-class accessibility. phpBB, as an open-source hairball of ancient PHP, does not.

TheSilverBullet

Post by TheSilverBullet » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:06 pm

scruss wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Microsoft, as a large company that can be sued, has to provide best-in-class accessibility.
Now that sir, that is a bold statement if I've ever heard one during my decades in the business. 8-)