Stream operation not supported: Explanation?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
anc0102

Stream operation not supported: Explanation?

Post by anc0102 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:46 am

Hello other engineers

I have a question about a stream operation which is not supported. I try to make an over the air update (OTA) with LTE. I got a working LTE connection and also the manifest is made within a localhost with the new version in it. The problem is that this manifest can not be streamed caused by this error. Can someone help and explain what this is and what I need to do that it is working?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 55, in <module>
File "/flash/lib/OTA.py", line 54, in update
File "/flash/lib/OTA.py", line 49, in get_update_manifest
OSError: stream operation not supported
Pycom MicroPython 1.20.2.r6 [v1.11-c5a0a97] on 2021-10-28; GPy with ESP32
Pybytes Version: 1.7.1
Type "help()" for more information.

If you need further information just ask. :D
Thanks a lot!

jimmo

Re: Stream operation not supported: Explanation?

Post by jimmo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:45 pm

anc0102 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:46 am
I have a question about a stream operation which is not supported. I try to make an over the air update (OTA) with LTE. I got a working LTE connection and also the manifest is made within a localhost with the new version in it. The problem is that this manifest can not be streamed caused by this error. Can someone help and explain what this is and what I need to do that it is working?
It looks like you're using a PyCom device, with their OTA mechanism. You should ask in the PyCom forum -- https://forum.pycom.io/