Driver for mrfd522 nfc chip

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
roland_vs

Driver for mrfd522 nfc chip

Post by roland_vs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Dear all,

Has anyone ported or made available a driver for the common used mifare reader that uses the mrfd522 nxp chip?

Roland

deshipu

Re: Driver for mrfd522 nfc chip

Post by deshipu » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:32 am

That is very easy to check. If you look closely at this forum's header, you will see three dark tabs near the left side: "FAQ", "Search", "Members" and "The team". Clicking on the "Search" one will bring you to a search screen, where you can type the name of the chip in the search query, and see if anyone ever mentioned it here. I hope that helps (and no, I'm not trying to belittle you or act like a smartass, that link is a bit hard to see and it's not immediately obvious it's the best way to check, so I understand that you asked instead).

wendlers

Post by wendlers » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Here is a port I did a while a go. Tested so far on ESP and WiPy.

http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?t=1980

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI CRR-L09 mit Tapatalk

roland_vs

mpy code for mrfd522 nfc chip

Post by roland_vs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:12 am

Dear all,

With a little search I found some code that was *almost* ready to be used. I hooked up the RC522 to the PYB board and adapted the code for it to work. So if you are in the need to attach a RFiD/NFC reader with the MFRC522 chip you can get the code from github.com/rolandvs/mycropython-nfc.

Regards,

Roland

roland_vs

Post by roland_vs » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:14 pm

wendlers wrote:Here is a port I did a while a go. Tested so far on ESP and WiPy.
http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?t=1980
Thanks for the post. I look into it. Using the same reference code for the MFRC522 I managed to get it working with the PYB board. However trying to get it to work with the current mpy1.8.2 on the ESP13 gives memory problems. Yours is smaller so I will give it a go. Thanks.

Roland