IPython Parallel, Hub-Workers, MicroPython and ESP8266

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Wei Lin

IPython Parallel, Hub-Workers, MicroPython and ESP8266

Post by Wei Lin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi,

I built a mini system which I think is interesting. For your information.

Regards.

Wei Lin

http://wei1234c.blogspot.tw/2017/01/ela ... -with.html

Elastic Network of Things with MicroPython
An IoT system has many nodes, each node with very limited resources and usually needs to be uninstalled to have software modified. Considering an IoT system of 100 nodes, it will be a tedious task to revising them.

IPython Parallel is a famous distributed-task-queue framework, I built a small system to demonstrate that we can use ESP8266 modules running MicroPython as Workers(Engines) in a IPython Parallel liked Hub-Workers architecture. In this system we can read/write remote nodes' GPIO pins and control them accordingly in a central-control fashion. We can also send any arbitrary script for remote nodes to execute. Also, script files can be uploaded to nodes and have them start operating autonomously.

The mechanism described above can be used to deploy and manage an IoT system in a whole new way, in which the functionalities and behavior of nodes can be modified remotely and dynamically, although they had the identical initial program on installation.

torwag

Re: IPython Parallel, Hub-Workers, MicroPython and ESP8266

Post by torwag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:20 pm

That looks indeed very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
What is the aim of the ANN example? Any application behind it?

Wei Lin

Re: IPython Parallel, Hub-Workers, MicroPython and ESP8266

Post by Wei Lin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:55 pm

ANN example is to show that an IoT network can be configured dynamically and the ANN becomes autonomous. Not very pratical, due to ESP8266's small memory .