Thank you

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
JumpZero

Thank you

Post by JumpZero » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:57 am

Hello Micropython community,

This is my first post here, and this is just to say a big 'thank you' for this very nice project.
Micropython is awesome.
It’s just incredible to be able to run Python on such a tiny device as an ESP8266
I’m quite new to Python, but I started playing with computer with a ZX81, now on GNU/Linux, Raspberry pi, Arduino, ESP8266 etc.. and it’s just amazing to look at all that has been accomplished since the 80’s, running Python on a 2 or 3$ wifi capable device it’s just FANTASTIC
webrepl makes Micropython even more attractive, it’s a so powerful tool

Thanks to the developers
I’ll be back with questions ;-)
--
Jmp0

pythoncoder

Re: Thank you

Post by pythoncoder » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:19 am

Welcome! Unless WiFi is vital I suggest you look at the Pyboard. It's an even more awesome platform than the ESP8266 with much wider range of interfaces and capabilities. And it doesn't have an underlying RTOS to slow things down. https://store.micropython.org/store/#/store
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

JumpZero

Re: Thank you

Post by JumpZero » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 am

Hi!
Sure I'll try the Pyboard one day. I look forward it.
But I have so much projects to complete first.
I must finish this plant watering system based on Micropython & ESP8266. Then there is project I think about since more than 2 years now: I want to mesure the current of the swimming pool water pump. I have the hardware and software ready (arduino based).
But I miss time!
I need time.
Time is the most valuable component ;-)
--
Jmp0