Problem entering (¨)

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Madhav1080

Problem entering (¨)

Post by Madhav1080 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello,

I am a newbie, was trying MicroPython his afternoon.

When i try to enter quotes both single or double is no accepted, so i tried typing it in a text editor and pasting he same, even then doesn´t get accepted, whatis he work around...

for example was trying to connect in Station Mode using...
sta_if.connect(´abcdefgh´,´12345678´)

the quotes are no type able or copied.

Any quick solution is appreciated

Regards

dhylands

Re: Problem entering (¨)

Post by dhylands » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Your message is showing backticks (`) and not single quotes aka apostrophe (') or double quotes (")

On my keyboard, the backtick is shared with the tilde character and is located just below the ESC key. The single and double quote key is over on the right side of the keyboard near the ENTER key.

Note that if you're using a word processor instead of a text editor to create the source code in, the word processors often replace the simple single/double quotes with the unicode opening/closing single/double quotes, which python doesn't understand.

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 pm

dhylands wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:32 pm
Your message is showing backticks (`)...
Actually it's showing an odd character - a front-tick :? My keyboard doesn't even have this character. I can copy and paste it into a text editor or into the Python3 REPL but not into MicroPython which ignores it. Python3 shows it to be chr(180) while a back tick is chr(96).

@Madhav1080 What language keyboard are you using? Does it have " and ' characters?
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

DustinW

Post by DustinW » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:28 pm

My keyboard doesn't have it either. So strange.