Porting into TriCore Environment

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
SUBBU3881

Porting into TriCore Environment

Post by SUBBU3881 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am

Hi,
Can any one help me in porting micropython for the TriCore environment on one runable of AUTOSAR. I am new to python but have basic knowledge on python. Now my task is to port the micro python into TriCore environment. Please, suggest me how to port the python into TriCore Environment.?

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy Narreddy

SpotlightKid

Re: Porting into TriCore Environment

Post by SpotlightKid » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 pm

It might help, if you provide some links for the technologies you mention to give some context and also, if you explain why you have this requirement and what you ultimate goals are.

Also, please note that to port MicroPython to a new MCU / architecture, knowing Python isn't enough, you need to know C/C++ and have a good understanding how microprocessors generally work.

SUBBU3881

Post by SUBBU3881 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 am

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
As per my project, I need to port micro python on to existing project which uses Infion's TriCore controller. So, already a C project is running on the microcontroller. Now I need to port the micro python along with the C project. Then as per the application I need to write test cases in python for that existing project. Here, I needed for porting micro python on to micro controller. Suggest the way to port micropython on tho micro controller environment.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy

jickster

Post by jickster » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:39 am

SUBBU3881 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the response.
As per my project, I need to port micro python on to existing project which uses Infion's TriCore controller. So, already a C project is running on the microcontroller. Now I need to port the micro python along with the C project. Then as per the application I need to write test cases in python for that existing project. Here, I needed for porting micro python on to micro controller. Suggest the way to port micropython on tho micro controller environment.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy
Describe in more detail your application’s architecture. You haven’t given any real detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUBBU3881

Post by SUBBU3881 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:43 am

Hello,
Actually I have the board having Infineon's micro-controller and one automotive application is running on it. Now, I need to port micro-python onto that board. Before porting, I needed to flash micro-python interpreter in to flash. What is the procedure to load Micro-Python's interpreter on to that board. Please, suggest what are the thing I should know before porting.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy

dschwert

Post by dschwert » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Why do you think that Python needs to run on the TriCore controller to be tested?
Usually, you would use another hardware that simulates the environment in that the controller board will run in the real world.

Regards,
Dietmar

SUBBU3881

Post by SUBBU3881 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for the response.
Currently in my project we are you using AUTOSAR on tricore controller.
Actually my task is to port micropython interpreter onto tricore controller architecture. So I need support to port micropython to tricore along with AUTOSAR.

How can I cross build the micropython source for tricore.?

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy

dschwert

Post by dschwert » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm

I would suggest you have a look at how to build e.g. the standard MicroPython and the one for PIC 16 bit.
The PIC is currently probably the most different from the 32 bit ARMs.

https://github.com/micropython/micropython
https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... s/pic16bit

The rest is just a lot of work...

Regards,
Dietmar

SUBBU3881

Post by SUBBU3881 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks for response. As per my project, MicroPython not needed for booting the board because already AUTOSAR is running on my board. I just want to add cross-compiled Micropython Interpreter onto flash memory. I gone through the source files in "/minimal" directory in micropython source code, and it is having STM controller's UART and GPIO details also, are they(uart and gpio files) necessary for generic Micropython Interpreter.? So can you please help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva Prakash Reddy

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

You should replace the STM UART and GPIO stuff with code appropriate for your environment. They were added just so that the minimal image could be tested on real hardware.