MicroPython Build process on Windows

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
SureshVakati

MicroPython Build process on Windows

Post by SureshVakati » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Hello,
I have been using Micropython STM version on Linux OS, I am just curious to know whether can I do build firmware on Windows? If yes, what compilers do I need to install to build a firmware out of the source code?

What is the best way to debug the application code? I am using Python Idle to get the syntax errors before pasting them to Pyboard, are there any better options to find errors or testing the application code?

Thanks.

idesignstuff

Re: MicroPython Build process on Windows

Post by idesignstuff » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm

SureshVakati wrote:Hello,
I have been using Micropython STM version on Linux OS, I am just curious to know whether can I do build firmware on Windows? If yes, what compilers do I need to install to build a firmware out of the source code?

What is the best way to debug the application code? I am using Python Idle to get the syntax errors before pasting them to Pyboard, are there any better options to find errors or testing the application code?

Thanks.
Good question. PyCharm has just released a plug-in for micropython debug,repl, and upload (using ampy).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk