Example, examples..never get enough

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Delebel

Example, examples..never get enough

Post by Delebel » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi I'm definitely a newbie at uPython so as a C programmer from way back I've always found concrete examples to be immensely valuable for figuring out how coding works. I find the quick guide great but for me some of the more subtle essence of the language might be easier to grasp if more simple examples were available. I understand upython is a work in progress and I salute those who are breaking new ground. More specifically I need to deal with bitfields and the section on them still remains cloudy for me. As a retired programmer I WILL eventually prevail in understanding of how to extract or set any bit with a given byte. No specific requests but more examples, more examples for us newbies that still don't have their heads quite into how Python structures, coding and syntax works.

Thanks Denis

OutoftheBOTS_

Re: Example, examples..never get enough

Post by OutoftheBOTS_ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Micro-Python is designed to be as compatible with main stream Python as possible so looking at main stream python examples will generally teach you as well as pacific MP examples.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:20 am

I have a bunch of examples that I've posted in the forums. You can find them here: https://github.com/dhylands/upy-examples

bitninja

Post by bitninja » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:16 pm

I definitely know what you mean!

Seeing how other people do things is so helpful when you are getting started.
In that regard you should definitely search github.com for projects based on MicroPython.

I've been at it a while but came in knowing nothing about Python in general. I will offer my humble dabblings with the ESP8266 located here...

https://github.com/joewez/MicroPythonEDC

It's a mess of random stuff, but you may pick up some ideas.

Have fun!