Target audience for MicroPython?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
safetyfactorman

Re: Target audience for MicroPython?

Post by safetyfactorman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm

@kevinkk525 - I was just going to send you a direct message to see how hard it would be to use your project to play with homeassistant. I have homeassistant running on my mac. I have a pyboard. Will your esp8266 code run on the pyboard? interfacing is a main focus of homeassistant. The mqtt interface would work for me. I haven't gotten to your project yet. But I already have it on my todo list.

I found this to be very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc17q1Zn0Xs

MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 pm

stijn wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:27 am
- use WSL, build hower you want (probably the least qualified as 'build on windows' given what WSL is)
The least qualified would be to install VMware or similar, create a Linux VM and build inside of that. But it does work great.

kevinkk525

Post by kevinkk525 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 pm

@safetyfactorman the project should run on a pyboard without any problems. Some hardware specific modules however might not work correctly because I don't have any pyboard and therefore only wrote those modules with the esp8266 and esp32 in mind. But generally I tried to be as generic in every module as possible.
The framework itself is not platform dependent at all and works fine even on the unix port.
Kevin Köck
Micropython Smarthome Firmware (with Home-Assistant integration): https://github.com/kevinkk525/pysmartnode

safetyfactorman

Post by safetyfactorman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:23 pm

@kevinkk525 - thanks!