Copyright statement

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
rcolistete

Re: Copyright statement

Post by rcolistete » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:10 pm

KISS for some discussions !

And let the same number of lines of text discussions be converted to lines of source code in MicroPython.
My "MicroPython Samples". My "MicroPython Firmwares" with many options (double precision, ulab, etc).

Picasso

Post by Picasso » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:21 pm

kevinkk525 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:47 pm
Until I told you in another thread (yesterday or today) what was going on and why some problems exist, you had no idea ..
I had to ask, because everytime I raise a problem, there are sufficient voices denying the existence of that problem. The upip dillema, i did not know indeed, that was new. Thanks for that explanation.

Sofar we've established there is a problem, and ... that it is not up to me to meddle in it right? What if they cant reach an agreement? Simply leave it be? But in principle I think you are right. It should probably be Sokolovsky to solve this. He has some options, 2 of which are:

a) Does he want to be perceived as the community liability. The capable coder, that joins an oss community, works for it, tries to steer it in his own direction, then starts making claims he partly owns the community ... and if he does not get what he wants, effectively hijacks the community?

b) Or, does he want to be perceived as the brilliant guy, who has made many valuable contributions to the micropython community, is respected by all community members, and even has taken his vision to a next level by starting his own community.

Sofar, I think he appears to be more the liability type than the brilliant type. As per your suggestion: I'll try to focus on enjoying my pyboards.

Jadno

Post by Jadno » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:36 pm

This is one of those cases where the use of copyright does not require a license and does not entail litigation. It is very important to understand the difference in such things. When I worked in the field of comparing and synchronizing SQL Server database schemas, I could get the result thanks to similar services, it’s great, but few understand it.

brianatkins2

Post by brianatkins2 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 am

micropython sounds pretty intuitive to me. Although I sometimes had trouble with pretty simple things. Even with SQL. For some reason, I couldn't correctly sort the items in the database, taking into account the decimal places. Thank God I found the article . As it turned out, there is a lot of useful articles. Not only about SQL but about everything to do with code. I highly recommend it