Questions for stock and other questions

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
schvic

Questions for stock and other questions

Post by schvic » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:00 pm

Hello Micropython team,

Thank you for the very good quality of your products.

We are currently working on fast prototyping projects and we have started working with a pyboard V1.1 where we have seen the very big advantages to write code on python for quick development.
As you know, the python code runs slower than C on the boards and we have not been blocked by this but we will probably face applications where the code will have to run much faster. There for we would like to request your DSeries boards to have more speed.

There for the reason for my email is just to ask some questions:
• Ist the onboard WiFi of the board functional?
• When will BLE be supported on the board?
• When do you plan to have again the STM32F767 boards?
• When do you plan to have again de adapter board with power management IC?

Thank you very much for your support and attention.

Victor Schlim

ThomasChr

Re: Questions for stock and other questions

Post by ThomasChr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:24 am

I‘m not associated with micropython directly but as far as I know (I saw demo codes and it‘s written in the official pyboard d documentation) WiFi is fully functional. BLE not yet.

I think the team is working very hard at the moment because they still didn‘t manage to ship my friday order, so it will surely need a few weeks before the dust has settled and there will be more infos.

Also at the moment there is neither the source nor the compiled firmware for the Pyboard D. I‘m sure they are working on that too...

Thomas

kevinkk525

Post by kevinkk525 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:26 am

I don't have or ordered a Pyboard D but I developed the library micropython_iot with Peter Hinch which is a library for resilient communication over WLAN and he tested the Pyboard D extensively and the wifi definitely works well.
That's all I can say to your questions.
Kevin Köck
Micropython Smarthome Firmware (with Home-Assistant integration): https://github.com/kevinkk525/pysmartnode

ThomasChr

Post by ThomasChr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:34 am

Oh, by the way: Yes, a little bit more info from the micropython team would be great..

schvic

Post by schvic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:21 am

Thank you everybody for your answers. Let's see what happens then :)

Looking forward to have one of this D-Series in my hand.