unable to flash micropython to esp 32: open serial error

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
Roberthh

Re: unable to flash micropython to esp 32: open serial error

Post by Roberthh » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:54 pm

The tool you used looks just like a front-end GUI for esptool.py.

apollodriver

Re: unable to flash micropython to esp 32: open serial error

Post by apollodriver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:19 pm

hello dear Robert,

many thanks for the reply and the continued support. I am really happy to be here at this great place.

yes it does:

note i will have to try another than this esp: (and i see that this is the wrong one - )
C:\Users\Kasper\Downloads\esp32spiram-20190913-v1.11-312-g22099ab88.bin

interestingly - there was no complaining bout this non corresponding file - the 32-file went to the ESP8266
but i will do some more tests and corrections tomorrow.

At the moment i am happy bout these results. ;)

BTW: i did not need to install all the stuff that Dietrich Kindermann mentioned:
2. ESP8266-Flasher
Der ESP8266-Flasher ist ein Front-End für das esptool. Das Programm ist ebenfalls in Python geschrieben und verwendet wxPython für die grafische Oberfläche. Um das Programm ausführen zu können, muss zunächst wxPython installiert werden.
Um den ESP8266-Flasher auch unabhängig von einer bestehenden Python-Installation verwenden zu können, wird mit dem Programm PyInstaller ein eingeständiges Installationspaket erzeugt. Zuvor muss natürlich auch PyInstaller installiert werden.

and last but not least this one:
Anschließend werden mit dem PyInstaller alle für die Ausführung des ESP8266-Flashers erforderlichen Dateien in eine ausführbare Windowsdatei geschrieben. Wird diese Datei gestartet, so werden die zuvor gepackten Dateien wieder entpackt und das eigentliche Programm in einem temporären Verzeichnis getartet. Der PyInstaller verwendet hierzu das Packprogramm UPX. Dieses muss ebenfalls auf dem System installiert sein. Dieser Vorgang wird jedoch von einigen Antivirenprogrammen als potentiell gefährlich angesehen.

all i did was to take the Downloadable Software zum Flashen des ESP8266

ESP8266-Flasher Software zum Flashen des ESP8266 - here: http://www.dietrich-kindermann.de/Downl ... taller.zip

with this it worked like described above...

as mentioned above: i will do some minor corrections tomorrow and will report all the findings.

greetings
apollo
WPGear.org is a compendium of useful developer tools for working with WordPress.