connection error: could not open port 'COM3': PermissionError(13, 'access-deniedt', None, 5

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
apollodriver

connection error: could not open port 'COM3': PermissionError(13, 'access-deniedt', None, 5

Post by apollodriver » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 am

Dear commnity

after having successfully installed the binaries on the ESP with this tool - the ESP8266-Flasher :: ESP-IDF http://www.dietrich-kindermann.de/esp_flashtool.html

we stuck ..

see the protocolll

Code: Select all

Connecting....
Detecting chip type... ESP8266
Chip is ESP8266EX
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Erasing flash (this may take a while)...
Chip erase completed successfully in 12.4s
Flash params set to 0x0340
Compressed 589360 bytes to 385922...
Wrote 589360 bytes (385922 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 34.7 seconds (effective 135.9 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...

Done.

now we want to do first tests - i. e. connect to the board.

with the uPyCraft-IDE we tried to connect to the board - but this failed with the following lines..

could not open port 'COM3': PermissionError(13, 'Zugriff verweigert', None, 5)
serial not open

any idea how t o skip this errors - and to connect to the board!?

thanks for any and all help in advance
WPGear.org is a compendium of useful developer tools for working with WordPress.

ghayne

Re: connection error: could not open port 'COM3': PermissionError(13, 'access-deniedt', None, 5

Post by ghayne » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:57 am

The user has no permission to use the COM port. Unfortunately I cannot help as this appears to be a Windows machine, a Google search will probably help. ESP8266-Flasher might still be connected to the COM port. Try closing it if it is still open.

apollodriver

Re: connection error: could not open port 'COM3': PermissionError(13, 'access-deniedt', None, 5

Post by apollodriver » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:53 pm

hello and good day

many thanks for the quick reply _ after having tried some thing - the biest just started to work .

>>> 
serial allready opened ... and i guess that i have managed to connect to the board and to work on it. 
btw: i have in the device folder
device/
boot.py

but no main folder (guess that this will be loaded with my first script)

see the attached image to see that all is woriking now at least regarding this tutorial
https://randomnerdtutorials.com/flash-u ... 2-esp8266/
https://randomnerdtutorials.com/getting ... 2-esp8266/
running_the_first_script_.jpg
running_the_first_script_.jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 18362 times

have a great day.

greetings

btw. where to download the newest v ersion of uPCraft - i have running version 1.0
and besides that: i have mused and thougtht that it wold be a good idea to get other IDEs working with the ESP such as

vscode
thonny
ATOM
PyCharm

but do i need to install the ArduinoIDE too !?
love to hear from you
WPGear.org is a compendium of useful developer tools for working with WordPress.

apollodriver

Post by apollodriver » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 am

good day dear ghayne

many thanks for the quick reply - i am glad to hear from you
ghayne wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:08 pm
http://docs.dfrobot.com/upycraft/
for all windows users it is important to mention that many ppl out there would need a driver the famous Silicon labs CP210X USB to UART Bridge: this might be pretty important for many folks. Besides that – this is a very hot piece of software.

I am trying to install it on Linux too - on a MX-Linux which is debian based. But at the moment i have troubles to do that.
Besides upyCraft i am also configuring

- vscode
- pyCharme

to work on Windows and Linux. I am glad for all recommendations and hints regarding the setup of VSCODE and PyCharme to work with MicroPython