A call to help me learn code the right way on MicroPhyton

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
iotmar

Re: A call to help me learn code the right way on MicroPhyton

Post by iotmar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:32 pm

rpr wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 pm
ta1db wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:50 pm
iotmar wrote: One small step... :-)
This small step is very important ! Congratulations...
The one downside is that it does not have a nice custom GUI IDE such as the one for the arduino. There are people who have made it work with VS Code (see Braden's post earlier in this thread).

Personally I'm comfortable with command line and I prefer working with it using tools such as rshell. Using the CLI is great especially when you have to connect remotely.
Funny thing.. I don't like working with the Arduino IDE, it's a personal taste. My develop enviroment is now VS Code with the extensions as mentioned above. Works like a charm. It has a great feature what I like... I can use the terminal ;-)
Some time ago i got so fed up with Windows again, that I installed Linux on my machine for good.

In the past month and half I tested several developing options for the esp8266 and esp32, Arduino, Mongoose, PlatformIo, but I returned to the one I started with MicroPhyton :-) It has a lot going for it, so I do hope that i'm able to learn it to a certain amount :)
Martin