How to move from pyboard to PCB ?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
rohitshekhar

How to move from pyboard to PCB ?

Post by rohitshekhar » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Not from electronics background so please bear with me. I believe MicroPython enables a software developer to deep dive in the amazing world of electronics. I have basic understanding of electronic components and its use. Next - lets say with pyboard I connect some sensors then based on received data do some calculations/judgement then transmit data/action to some other world/sensors. If my setup is working with breadboard/sensors and pyboard. Next how I can proceed with production i.e PCB design and final PCB? Also if pyboard concept is new in my region how I can explain it to PCB manufacturer ? I have never done any such projects till now. Please guide.

pythoncoder

Re: How to move from pyboard to PCB ?

Post by pythoncoder » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:16 am

For small volume production the simplest approach is to mount the Pyboard on a PCB which contains your interface components. This might be too costly for large volumes where you might want to create your own design based on the Pyboard. In which case I would recommend that you find an experienced electronics designer to help with this.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

jomas

Post by jomas » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:55 am

Have a look at KiCad https://kicad-pcb.org/

With KiCad you can make a schematic diagram and convert it to a PCB.
Some manufacturers can use the kicad file directly otherwise you have to export it as a Gerber file.
There are plenty of youtube examples how to use KiCad

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:35 am

Or Fritzing/Aisler which I have used successfully many times.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.