Remount \flash

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
KULINAR847

Remount \flash

Post by KULINAR847 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 am

Have a good day!
When i record a new file with pyboard, it's not showing in my mount filesystem on my computer. Only after reset. Can i make see this file without reset a pyboard? And how to make that?
Sincerely, John.

Roberthh

Re: Remount \flash

Post by Roberthh » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 am

This is caused my the fact, that the way Pyboard is mounted to the PC, it does not get aware of changes to the file system made by PyBoard. Even worse, you should encounter corrupted file systems on the Pyboard when changing files both by the PC and Pyboard. The only option to avoid that is not to use the drive option of Pyboard and exchange files using tools like rshell, ampy, pyboard.py.

KULINAR847

Post by KULINAR847 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:04 am

Thank you, Roberthh!

Maybe you know any one line command on python with which i can transfer file (2KB) to my computer via usb? So that pyboard sends the file
itself?

Sincerely, John.

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:36 am

There must be always some kind of agent on the PC, which receives that data. The most simple kind would by a serial interface logger, which simply wriets to a file what comes in on the USB interface from the pyboard. Terminal emulators like Putty can do that. The you can use print() on pyboard to send the data. If you use a pyboard D type, then you can use network protocols and tools to send the data.