X2 destroyed, other PWM pins?

General discussions and questions abound development of code with MicroPython that is not hardware specific.
Target audience: MicroPython Users.
rankor

X2 destroyed, other PWM pins?

Post by rankor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Seems like I destroyed the X2 pin when I unsoldered some header pins. Is there another pin that can be used instead for PWM?

dhylands

Re: X2 destroyed, other PWM pins?

Post by dhylands » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

If you look at http://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/quickref.html all if the pins tagged with a purple background TIMx/CHy support PWM.

schvic

Post by schvic » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 am

Just by curiosity, how do you know that the X2 pins is destroyed?
I ask because after soldering come male headers, some of my pins do not work any more or have a strange behaviour and I though that maybe the soldering material was too much and it connected different pins, but until now I do not see any connection between the pins. So I assume maybe an overheat of an amount of time of the pins could lead to destroying a pin? What is your opinion about this?
Thank you.

rankor

Post by rankor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 am

Well, unsoldering is kind of risky. The board itself has several layers and it is easy to damage the actual contact area with the (header) pins that will go through the whole.

I consider it damaged because I soldered it well and there is contact between the board and the external device so the soldering os not bad and I use the pin exactly as another pin and the other pin works and X2 does not.

schvic

Post by schvic » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am

Ok Thank you for your answer.
So any recommendations for soldering headers in the board?