Questions and wish list about Pyboard D

The official PYBD running MicroPython, and its accessories.
Target audience: Users with a PYBD
devnull

Re: Questions and wish list about Pyboard D

Post by devnull » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:24 am

Hi Peter:

Code: Select all

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['', '/flash', '/flash/lib']

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 am

Have you followed these instructions?
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

devnull

Post by devnull » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:47 am

Hi Peter;

That has been updated in the last few minutes !

Just tried this:

Code: Select all

os.mount(pyb.MMCard(), '/mmc')
sys.path.append('/mmc')
pyb.usb_mode('VCP+MSC', msc=(pyb.MMCard(),))
pyb.MMCard().power(1)
Also ran this: https://pybd.io/resources/mmc_format.py - which appeared to run successfully.

But still don't see anything - maybe it's not supported yet.

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 pm

A few questions now that the Pyboard D is out in the wild:

- where are the firmware binaries
- where is the firmware repository

At least the binaries should show up on the download page.

ThomasChr

Post by ThomasChr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:40 pm

Would like to know that, too.
Got an error with setting the frequency and -maybe- I can figure out whats wrong. But not without the source code...

uCTRL

Post by uCTRL » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:11 am

How many connections are permitted or possible to Pyboard D WiFi when set to WiFi Access Point mode?
ESP32 in AP mode supports up to 4 connections.

Is there any more detailed documentation available for D yet, or only a quick start guide?

https://pybd.io/index.html

RWLTOK

Post by RWLTOK » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:38 am

Bryan we have never met. I am trying to implement something like this except SPI and not I2S. Any progress?
OutoftheBOTS_ wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:36 am
ok then a little more complex than just using current SPI function and altering them to be I2S

For a continuous flow of data like I2S needs then double buffering DMA can be used where it uses 2 different RAM buffers and when it is finished transferring 1 buffer it flags an interrupt then moves to the second buffer then when it is finished then it flags an interupt again before moving back to the first buffer in a circular buffer mode. When the interrupt fires from the DMA finishing a buffer anf moveing to the other buffer that interrupt can be used to up date the buffer.

It would have to be implemented in C as python callback have too high latency for this sort of stuff. So definitely not a super quick bit of code to develop.

From the reference manual
Double buffer modeThis mode is available for all the DMA1 and DMA2 streams.The Double buffer mode is enabled by setting the DBM bit in the DMA_SxCR register.A double-buffer stream works as a regular (single buffer) stream with the difference that it has two memory pointers. When the Double buffer mode is enabled, the Circular mode is automatically enabled (CIRC bit in DMA_SxCR is don’t care) and at each end of transaction, the memory pointers are swapped.In this mode, the DMA controller swaps from one memory target to another at each end of transaction. This allows the software to process one memory area while the second memory area is being filled/used by the DMA transfer. The double-buffer stream can work in both directions (the memory can be either the source or the destination) as described in
Rich

OutoftheBOTS_

Post by OutoftheBOTS_ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:20 am

RWLTOK wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:38 am
Bryan we have never met. I am trying to implement something like this except SPI and not I2S. Any progress?
OutoftheBOTS_ wrote:
ok then a little more complex than just using current SPI function and altering them to be I2S

For a continuous flow of data like I2S needs then double buffering DMA can be used where it uses 2 different RAM buffers and when it is finished transferring 1 buffer it flags an interrupt then moves to the second buffer then when it is finished then it flags an interupt again before moving back to the first buffer in a circular buffer mode. When the interrupt fires from the DMA finishing a buffer anf moveing to the other buffer that interrupt can be used to up date the buffer.

It would have to be implemented in C as python callback have too high latency for this sort of stuff. So definitely not a super quick bit of code to develop.

Double buffer modeThis mode is available for all the DMA1 and DMA2 streams.The Double buffer mode is enabled by setting the DBM bit in the DMA_SxCR register.A double-buffer stream works as a regular (single buffer) stream with the difference that it has two memory pointers. When the Double buffer mode is enabled, the Circular mode is automatically enabled (CIRC bit in DMA_SxCR is don’t care) and at each end of transaction, the memory pointers are swapped.In this mode, the DMA controller swaps from one memory target to another at each end of transaction. This allows the software to process one memory area while the second memory area is being filled/used by the DMA transfer. The double-buffer stream can work in both directions (the memory can be either the source or the destination) as described in
SPI can do exactly the same thing it is just a case of someone writing the code then wrapping ti up for MP to be able to call it.

I have used double buffering for a little SPI screen once before but have long lost that code.

Rich

RWLTOK

Post by RWLTOK » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:02 am

I am actually in the wrong thread as I am working with the STM32L4 series and they do not have the double buffer mode. Only the circular is supported. This is a small battery powered application. I would love to use the power of the Pyboard D.

Thanks

OutoftheBOTS_ wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:20 am
RWLTOK wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:38 am
OutoftheBOTS_ wrote:

SPI can do exactly the same thing it is just a case of someone writing the code then wrapping ti up for MP to be able to call it.

I have used double buffering for a little SPI screen once before but have long lost that code.

Rich