Pyboard D sleep current consumption

The official PYBD running MicroPython, and its accessories.
Target audience: Users with a PYBD
nohc

Pyboard D sleep current consumption

Post by nohc » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 am

Hello,

Does anyone have the lowest current consumption on a battery for any of the pyboard d models? I think the lowest I have read is 50ua.
Also, any limitations you have found from a lowpower perspective are much appreciated.

I am trying to see if the d boards would be a good fit for my project. My goal is the have a very low sleep current with RTC and interrupt wakeup capabilities. I plan to send data most of the time via low power radio modules and it looks like if you reduce the clock speed on the d boards you can get pretty good power performance when they are awake. I am already messing with the pyboard 1.1 for my project but it would be great to have wifi available in conjunction with the radio module so that in certain circumstances I can do communication over the internet.

Thanks

rcolistete

Re: Pyboard D sleep current consumption

Post by rcolistete » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:21 am

I've asked about a lower power script for Pyboard D in topic "Low power support on Pyboard D : pyb.wfi, pyb.stop, pyb.standby(), etc", but this issue is open.

In topic "Power usage on Pyboard D" there are measurements with USB power. I need to make the tests using battery.
My "MicroPython Samples". My "MicroPython Firmwares" with many options (double precision, ulab, etc).

nohc

Re: Pyboard D sleep current consumption

Post by nohc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:05 am

Cool, I may grab one to mess with then. Thanks for you work on testing and replying to me.