network / BT / BLE modules for Pico ?

RP2040 based microcontroller boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an RP2040 boards.
This does not include conventional Linux-based Raspberry Pi boards.
Rob_Dr

network / BT / BLE modules for Pico ?

Post by Rob_Dr » Sun May 15, 2022 7:37 pm

I may have a difficulty in understanding how libraries / modules are structured or perhaps more direct the immediate challenge I face: where are the libraries advocated in the documentation when I wish to use them at a Pico ?

When I read mp 1.18 documentation, both bluetooth and network are listed under "Functionality specific to the MicroPython implementation is available in the following libraries...)"; not in the subsequent section that addresses port-specific matters.

I hope I may conclude from this that for example BT and Network are indeed available for the rp2040 port. However, when I try to access / import them, Thonny tells me it cannot find it. They are not listed either when I use the help function (mp 1.18). Just fr testing, I used also the nightly build of May 6 which I guess will soon lead to 1.19.

Any guidance pls to help me understand the trick to access and potential usage of the libraries listed under "Functionality specific ...." ?
Thx a lot,

Rob

kovbal

Re: network / BT / BLE modules for Pico ?

Post by kovbal » Mon May 23, 2022 7:53 am

Hi Rob, and forum experts,

I'm strruggling with almost the same problem. I can see, that in the network library there is support for ENC28J60 ethernet interface, but network is completely missing from Micropython compiled for Pico. Should I "just" complie micropython from source for pico, and build also the network library?

Thanks,
Balazs Kovacs