Installation help with ulab

RP2040 based microcontroller boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an RP2040 boards.
This does not include conventional Linux-based Raspberry Pi boards.
Corikk

Installation help with ulab

Post by Corikk » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 am

Hi all,

I've tried my luck for help on another part of this forum (see: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11721) but I thought I'd try here. Long story short if you can't read that post: For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to install ulab on my Pico. I followed the instructions in the github but I think I just need a little more specific instructions to finish the download. I'm new-ish (5 months in) to the software world, and I'm having a lot of fun but I think the problem is me.

Any help is appreciated. Really, thank you.
-C

gadgetoid

Re: Installation help with ulab

Post by gadgetoid » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Not a direct answer to your question, but we ship a build of MicroPython that has ulab baked in. You can find it here: https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pi ... es/latest/

The build process should have produced a "firmware.uf2", if it didn't then something has gone wrong with your build. Pay attention to the error output and it might point you in the right direction.

Note that a successful build will end with something like:

Code: Select all

[ 19%] Linking CXX executable firmware.elf
   text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
 545768	    112	 204952	 750832	  b74f0	/home/phil/Development/pico/micropython/ports/rp2/build-PICO/firmware.elf
[100%] Built target firmware

v923z

Re: Installation help with ulab

Post by v923z » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:49 pm

You can also download the (almost) latest micropython and ulab from https://github.com/v923z/micropython-builder. You can also find build scripts there that should just work.