Printing and setting the clock on the LCD on Raspberry Pi Pico

RP2040 based microcontroller boards running MicroPython.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an RP2040 boards.
This does not include conventional Linux-based Raspberry Pi boards.
mechatronics

Printing and setting the clock on the LCD on Raspberry Pi Pico

Post by mechatronics » Thu May 05, 2022 4:08 pm

I want to write clock on lcd without Real Time Clock module and ı want to set the clock with keypad. But ı didnt. Just ı can write numbers using keypad on the lcd. I cant add the time. By the way, I can write the code and show the time with the print command without connecting the Raspberry Pi Pico, but when I connect the Raspberry Pi Pico, I get an error. Can you help with this too?

scruss

Re: Printing and setting the clock on the LCD on Raspberry Pi Pico

Post by scruss » Thu May 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Hi, and welcome to MicroPython. It sounds like this is very new to you, so you might have a bit of learning to do before you get to where you need to be.

First off, what LCD module and what keypad do you have? If you can post links to the actual products, that will help people find the right libraries for you.

Secondly, the Raspberry Pi Pico does have a real-time clock built in, but it's not persistent so will lose power when the Pico loses power. If you use the Thonny MicroPython editor, it automatically sets the time of the real-time clock on your Pico from your computer.

mechatronics

Re: Printing and setting the clock on the LCD on Raspberry Pi Pico

Post by mechatronics » Thu May 05, 2022 8:31 pm

https://dosya.co/3ed3ohq3lcn9/Image.jpeg.html

Hello, thank you for your answer. Yes you're right I'm very new at this and I've been researching a lot of things about micropython. But since I have no experience, I try to try everything I read and I am very confused. The setup is like this in its simplest form and I use Thonny as a program as you said. I hope I uploaded the image correctly.