Older version of Pico SDK embedded in MicroPython repo?

C programming, build, interpreter/VM.
Target audience: MicroPython Developers.
Jibun no kage

Post by Jibun no kage » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:26 am

I was compiling the PicoTool, which is a bit like the esptool.py in that it can display information about pico firmware images. And I decided to try to use the embedded pico SDK that is part of the MP repo @micropython/.git/modules/lib/pico-sdk. The interesting thing is when I executed the cmake, I got the following error:

Code: Select all

Using PICO_SDK_PATH from environment ('/home/crosstoolng/micropython/.git/modules/lib/pico-sdk')
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:20 (include):
  include could not find load file:
    /home/crosstoolng/micropython/.git/modules/lib/pico-sdk/pico_sdk_version.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (message):
  Raspberry Pi Pico SDK version 1.3.0 (or later) required.  Your version is
Of course I can pull the newer Pico SDK and if I use it I can compile the PicoTool just fine. But the above does beg the question, should the embedded MP Pico SDK be updated?

jimmo

Re: Older version of Pico SDK embedded in MicroPython repo?

Post by jimmo » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:44 am

Jibun no kage wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:26 am
We do use the latest version of pico-sdk (our submodule points to the v1.4 tag). See https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... master/lib
It was updated at the end of July to coincide with the Pico W release.

Sounds like either your micropython repo is out of date or you need to do a submodule update.

Jibun no kage

Re: Older version of Pico SDK embedded in MicroPython repo?

Post by Jibun no kage » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:45 pm

Weird, because I even tried --recursive on the clone, so pulled everything as a test. I also confirmed with an explicit submodule pull that reported everything was already up to date. WIll try again, maybe a goofed something up somehow. If the Pico SDK in the repo is current than question is answered. :)