Porting micropython to NXP LPC55S69

C programming, build, interpreter/VM.
Target audience: MicroPython Developers.
hugo_98

Porting micropython to NXP LPC55S69

Post by hugo_98 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi everyone,

i'm a 4th year engineering school student and me and my team have a really exciting project which aims to port micropython to the NXP's LPC55S69 development board. This project was born from the quarantine in France. In my school, Embedded programming teachers decided to send each student new NXP's boards, to continue teaching in good conditions. This was a remarkable effort from our school so we really want to thank it by achieving this project. And this will hopefully serve Micropython's community (if we manage to finish this project).
I'm just asking the community because after a couple of days reading around MP ports I couldn't find out kinds of "guidelines" about how to start porting. Not proprerly a "how to port", but just where to look at and what's needed to know about MP to start a port. I've read we could start with the "minimal" port but looking into the source files didn't help as I expected. As a results I'm a bit lost and i hope you could clarify the way we had better to start me and my team idea:

best regards
Hugo from France

tannewt

Re: Porting micropython to NXP LPC55S69

Post by tannewt » Wed May 27, 2020 12:43 am

Hi Hugo, take a look at the SAMD port PR: https://github.com/micropython/micropyt ... d539a461fd

The LPC55 is supported by TinyUSB just like the SAMD so that side of things should be similar.

hugo_98

Post by hugo_98 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply ! I'll investigate on it :)

cgul

Post by cgul » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:18 am

Hello,
I did a build with Zephyr+ Micropython for the LPC55S69, it did a complete build with no errors but would not display a REPL via serial port.
I think it is related to the network option not set right. If you have made any progress with your LPC55S69 port let me know. When I get some time I will investigate further. I would like the Zephyr build for the threading capabilities. Threading is only available with an RTOS. The LPC55S69 is a cool MCU. with the power quad co-processor some very nice python modules could be developed for DSP purposes. Check out the LPC55S69 system I designed. I made a short video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AMIm8szc_M