projects for beginners

Showroom for MicroPython related hardware projects.
Target audience: Users wanting to show off their project!
gilbertkacy90

projects for beginners

Post by gilbertkacy90 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:17 am

I'm an electronics eng student and beginning electronics hobbyist, I'm interested in learning how to code and to build some fairly simple devices. What are some low skill level projects for beginners to try with the micropython?

dhylands

Re: projects for beginners

Post by dhylands » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:59 pm

There are a bunch of getting started tutorials over here: http://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/t ... index.html

It kind of depends on what external devices you'd like to use.

Builtin to the pyboard is a switch, an accelerometer, 4 LEDS, and an sdcard.

You can add any of a number of interesting devices which communicate using GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc.

The simplest place to start is just using the internal peripherals. You could then try adding simple external peripherals, like external LEDs and switches, and then progress to more complicated devices, like a character based LCD perhaps.

TerryMulhern

Post by TerryMulhern » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:12 am

Hello guys,
What do you start with as a beginner? I need to prepare a list of materials and sources for my group of students (I'm a coordinator of their electronic engineering project https://domyhomeworkonline.net/do-my-en ... mework.php for WESEF 2020).
Last edited by TerryMulhern on Wed May 19, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmo

Post by jimmo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 pm

TerryMulhern wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:12 am
Hello guys,
What do you start with as a beginner? I need to prepare a list of materials and sources for my group of students (I'm a coordinator of their engineering project for WESEF 2020).
How beginner do you mean?

Completely new to electronics? i.e. starting with voltage and current and stuff, or do you students have some familiarity with basic circuits?

Same for programming? Do they already know Python?

wolhun

Post by wolhun » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:07 am

Is there an online course worth recommending to beginners? In Such a form as, for example, are on the udemy, but I know that the udemy are rather poor courses. Documentation is not enough to understand everything. I have minimal basics in programming.

Jamato

Post by Jamato » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:18 pm

That link from 2014 is dead. Could someone repost that? I'm not new to python, but definitely new to electronics, so I'd like to look at some projects, before I burn something.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 am