MicroPython on DIN rail

Showroom for MicroPython related hardware projects.
Target audience: Users wanting to show off their project!
Post Reply
slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 am

Helllo

Just idea. I was one of funders of Controllino on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/24 ... compatible

I move to Micropython. I hope it's time to support something like this with MicroPython. It could be great for automation and industry.
Someone will make it ? :) I'll support as a first backer :)
Micropython inside DIN enclose with protection, relays, RS, CAN, WiFi/Eth ?

Best
Sylwester

User avatar
pythoncoder
Posts: 4929
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:01 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by pythoncoder » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:49 am

That website has
Last updated July 29, 2015
and has no reference to MicroPython (although I haven't watched the videos).

Please could you explain the relevance?
Peter Hinch

User avatar
jimmo
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:57 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by jimmo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:02 pm

My guess is that the OP is suggesting that someone should make a MicroPython version of this sort of product.

I'd be surprised if something like this didn't exist that runs on a MicroPython compatible micro.

I did a quick search for "esp8266 din rail" and came up with this: https://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/proje ... x-nodemcu/
They also have some other variants that run on CircuitPuthon-compatible boards.

(Not vouching for that in any way though, you'd want to be very sure that they have done everything right before you put it anywhere near mains power).

slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:13 pm

jimmo wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:02 pm
My guess is that the OP is suggesting that someone should make a MicroPython version of this sort of product.
Yap, thats true. I ask/make wish someone from MicropPython community will do 'controlino' but with Micropython :-)
jimmo wrote: I'd be surprised if something like this didn't exist that runs on a MicroPython compatible micro.

I did a quick search for "esp8266 din rail" and came up with this: https://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/proje ... x-nodemcu/
They also have some other variants that run on CircuitPuthon-compatible boards.
I was looking for Micropython on rail, and not found. Thanks, I'll look at this link
jimmo wrote: (Not vouching for that in any way though, you'd want to be very sure that they have done everything right before you put it anywhere near mains power).
Yap. Controlino is more better done. Complete solution. Idea is to make good quality product. Not "enclose" with some resitors :) But somth to install near main power with relays build in, protections etc
But this link is good begining

So. Someone ? :) Next step for MicroPython, to be in industry ? :-)

slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 pm

pythoncoder wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:49 am

and has no reference to MicroPython (although I haven't watched the videos).

Please could you explain the relevance?
Like Jimmo said, idea is to ask someone/community to make Kickstarter campanion, design and make this kind of hardware with MicroPython support

slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 pm


slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm

and smth like this. Nice to have contro system in box, separate etc

https://revolution.kunbus.com/revpi-compact/

Nobody ? :)
No, I don't have knowledge and experiences

stijn
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by stijn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Well, it can probably run the the unix port. But according to the specs it already has all needed libraries etc for standard Python, so MicroPython can only offer less here, not more, unless there's a significat amount of work put into.

slv.news
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 am

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by slv.news » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:20 am

stijn wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:41 pm
Well, it can probably run the the unix port. But according to the specs it already has all needed libraries etc for standard Python, so MicroPython can only offer less here, not more, unless there's a significat amount of work put into.
Differences between Full OS <> BuildIn Micropython. In full os You have many thing which could go wrong....
In my opinion this kind of equipment could move MicroPython to industry/daily usage in simply way

Electricity protected, with build in relays (mechanical or solid) etc

scruss
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: MicroPython on DIN rail

Post by scruss » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:22 pm

This might be the kind of product that Volker at UNIVERSAL-SOLDER Electronics might be interested in sourcing/developing. Showing the business case and choosing hardware that's not going to go end-of-life too quickly isn't going to be trivial.

Post Reply