Unhandled interrupt occurs after switching Timer OC modes on STM32L476

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
charlierefvem

Unhandled interrupt occurs after switching Timer OC modes on STM32L476

Post by charlierefvem » Sun May 02, 2021 8:25 pm

I'm working with output compare interrupts using uPy 1.12 on an STM32L476 Nucleo to blink the user LED.

To guarantee that the pin starts low I am configuring the OC channel initially in forced inactive mode.

Code: Select all

TIM2 = Timer(2, period=0x7FFFFFFF, prescaler=79)
T2CH1 = TIM2.channel(1, pin=Pin.cpu.A5, mode=Timer.OC_FORCED_INACTIVE, polarity=Timer.HIGH, callback=None)
Then later in my code I'm re-configuring the same timer channel to use toggle mode and trigger a callback.

T2CH1 = TIM2.channel(1, pin=Pin.cpu.A5, mode=Timer.OC_TOGGLE, callback=OC_CB, polarity=Timer.HIGH, compare=(TIM2.counter() + 2000000)&0x7FFFFFFF)
On the first interrupt I get the following error indicating that an unhandled interrupt occurred and was then disabled. However, I am certain that my interrupt is running normally and has not been disabled.

unhandled interrupt SR=0x04 (now disabled)
My program behaves exactly as I intended, but I want to understand why this error message occurs or if there is anything I can do to eliminate the error. I don't really like the idea of leaving it there without understand the reason for the error.

If I remove the line that initially configures the timer channel for forced inactive mode the error goes away but then I cannot make sure the pin starts low before the first interrupt runs.