Micro-USB connector model

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
lrasinen

Micro-USB connector model

Post by lrasinen » Fri May 07, 2021 5:27 am

The USB connector on my son's Pyboard got ripped off by accident (got buried under a pile of stuff, twisting force on a connected cable etc) and he's obviously very upset about it.

To uphold my "Dad can fix everything" reputation, I'd need a new matching replacement connector. The schematics only say CON-USB-MICROAB, but is there a more specific model information available. I'd like one that fits the existing mounting holes so I don't need to go filing off legs in wrong places etc.

lrasinen

Re: Micro-USB connector model

Post by lrasinen » Fri May 07, 2021 7:31 am

For someone else in the same position, Molex 47589-0001 looks like it's a very close match.

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

Good luck in soldering. That USB plug seems doable, if you have a good microscope. I had the same task under the "Dad can fix everything" label in fixing USB plugs of smartphones and fixing all kinds of small & large electronics. Meanwhile the kids are grown up, and I tell them that now it's my turn to ask them for help. Doesn't work too well. Maybe I failed in teaching them.

Jackli

Post by Jackli » Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 am

You are a good father and I hope that all goes well with your welding and that you can make your children happy.