Controlling stepper motors with Tkinter GUI via {Adafruit M0 Express + Shield}

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
LeTaTanier

Controlling stepper motors with Tkinter GUI via {Adafruit M0 Express + Shield}

Post by LeTaTanier » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi everyone,

For my instrumentation project, I created a GUI using Tkinter. When the user selects an option, a stepper motor is activated to place the right measuring device in front of the object. In other words, here are the actions of my program:

Initialize the system, start the communication with each device;
The user makes his choices via the GUI interface;
Depending on what has been selected, the motor turns a certain number of degrees to place the measuring device;
The measurement is performed;
The motors return to their initial state.

For this, I have an Adafruit M0 Express board with an Adafruit Motor Shield V2 interfaced via CircuitPython. The GUI interface and the functions related to the measurement devices work. My script to activate the stepper motors also works. I just can't get it all to work together. In the end, I hope to be able to make an .exe executable to facilitate its use.

Thanks to inform me.

jimmo

Re: Controlling stepper motors with Tkinter GUI via {Adafruit M0 Express + Shield}

Post by jimmo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:21 am

LeTaTanier wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:51 pm
For this, I have an Adafruit M0 Express board with an Adafruit Motor Shield V2 interfaced via CircuitPython
Hi,
This is the MicroPython forum, for CircuitPython advice you might be able to get better info in their discord or the adafruit forums.
That said, they're obviously very similar, so MicroPython advice might still be helpful.

It sounds like you've got all the individual parts working, so what's the issues that you're running into? What do you need help with?