pyboard that has pinout for Arduino Shields?

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
happyday

pyboard that has pinout for Arduino Shields?

Post by happyday » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello, I have a Grove Base Shield that sits on top of an Arduino. I'd like to use a pyboard to access the sensors I have attached to the Grove Base Shield.

Is there a pyboard I can buy that I can connect the Grove Base Shield to through Arduino headers on the pyboard?

Thank you.

deshipu

Re: pyboard that has pinout for Arduino Shields?

Post by deshipu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm

There is at the moment only one form factor of the PyBoard, and that's the one we all know and love.

However, there are several other boards that can run MicroPython, and some of them have the shape of Arduino.

There is the ESP8266-based Wemos D1 (not D1 Mini), for example. Or Arduino Zero, for which Adafruit recently released a beta version of CircuitPython -- a fork of MicroPython. I'm sure that if you look around, you will find more of those.

Of course nothing stops you from just connecting the shield to your PyBoard with jumper wires.

happyday

Re: pyboard that has pinout for Arduino Shields?

Post by happyday » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank you very much. Indeed, right now I am using a Wemos D1. I am new to MicroPython. I noticed the pyb module is a richer implementation than the machine module available to the ESP8266 version of MicroPython. Again, thank you.