servo

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
moonshinesg

servo

Post by moonshinesg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:27 pm

i tried to run a very basic servo test based on the example in the documentation (servo1 = pyb.Servo(1) ) and it all worked well. Since it was a full rotation servo i used servo1.speed(x) to test it. All was well until I set servo1.speed(0) to stop it. Then the REPL froze. Not knowing what happened I tried another board. Same thing. All well until .speed(0).
Turns out both boards are "fried". Not showing up on USB, one has just faint LED lights (red, orange & blue) and the other one has nothing.

Anyone has similar bad experience and what is the explanation ? I don't dare to try a 3rd board.... but I would like to be able to use servos with the py board (new boards, I guess)...

Thanks.

The servo is a TowerPro MG995

pythoncoder

Re: servo

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 am

First I suggest checking if the boards are really fried. Disconnect any hardware including your servo, power the Pyboard via USB and try emergency boot mode 3 referenced here https://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/ ... neral.html. This should restore the board to a working state.

If it doesn't I suggest you report exactly how your board and servo are powered and connected. The Pyboard is pretty robust but an overvoltage could kill it.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

deshipu

Post by deshipu » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 am

How did you connect the servo?

moonshinesg

Post by moonshinesg » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:39 am

the servo was connected to the X4, VIN and ground, really nothing fancy.
As mentioned, it worked, but when i did a `servo1.speed(0)` the board "froze". No emergency boot works. I even tried to do a DFU and the board does not get detected.

I am sure it's fried but I just want to figure out why so I do not repeat with another board...