Little wonders need some thanks

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
roland_vs

Little wonders need some thanks

Post by roland_vs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Today I received another pyboard and LCD160. Works right out of the box!
Now my sensors will have a face thanks to:
@dpgeorge for micropython!
@pytoncoder for the nice gui!
Attachments
IMG_4482.jpg
IMG_4482.jpg (163.49 KiB) Viewed 5602 times

marfis

Re: Little wonders need some thanks

Post by marfis » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm

I can only chime in.

I've been using MicroPython both privately and professionally for more than three years now and it makes embedded work so much more fun...

Thanks a lot!

pythoncoder

It is indeed awesome

Post by pythoncoder » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 am

I retired 13 years ago. In an effort to postpone the advent of senility I became enthused in turn by Phidgets, Arduino and the Raspberry Pi. But none captured my enthusiasm as much, or for as long, as the MicroPython project and the Pyboard. The potential for writing substantial amounts of embedded code in Python, with options of optimising for performance (even to the extent of supporting inline assembler) is unique.

And it keeps getting better. Continuing improvements to the highly efficient uasyncio allow responsive firmware to be written as the gods of programming intended: using cooperative multi-tasking.

I owe the fact that I can still count past 10 in binary to @Damien, @pfalcon and the other major contributors. Thanks are due :D
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

Damien
Site Admin

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 am

Thanks guys! It's my pleasure to have developed MicroPython and the pyboard. Coming from an academic background, it's the technical side of things that I enjoy the most, and still everyday I love finding new ways to optimise and improve the code. And it's fantastic to have people using the software and hardware in new and interesting ways (in contrast to academic papers, most of which are read only by a handful of people).

BTW: behind the scenes we've been hard at work on the next pyboard. It's been a long time in the making but please stay tuned for more news about it soon!

LisaM

Post by LisaM » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Damien wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 am
Thanks guys! It's my pleasure to have developed MicroPython and the pyboard. Coming from an academic background, it's the technical side of things that I enjoy the most, and still everyday I love finding new ways to optimise and improve the code. And it's fantastic to have people using the software and hardware in new and interesting ways (in contrast to academic papers, most of which are read only by a handful of people).

BTW: behind the scenes we've been hard at work on the next pyboard. It's been a long time in the making but please stay tuned for more news about it soon!
Can we PLEASE have an ethernet or wifi connection onboard? It's silly to have an IoT device without connections possibility. You already build the W5500 driver, so add it to the board!

SpotlightKid

Post by SpotlightKid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm

> It's silly to have an IoT device without connections possibility.

You know there are other uses for MCU boards besides so-called IoT, right?

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:42 am

SpotlightKid wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm
You know there are other uses for MCU boards besides so-called IoT, right?
Quite. Coffin-dodgers like me were using them when the nearest we had to a network was a length of RS232 cable ;)

<fx: shambles off into the sunset muttering about young whippersnappers>
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

pagano.paganino

Post by pagano.paganino » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Damien wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 am

news about next pyboard? :?: