Can't install driver for the pyboard

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
Jaime Caballero

Can't install driver for the pyboard

Post by Jaime Caballero » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:50 pm

My pyboard just came, I'm really excited about it. Take into consideration that I'm not the most fluent person with computers. Ok, my problem is that when I connect my pyboard it appears as a flash drive as it should. I edit the main.py file with a simple example, the one of turning on a LED, when a save, close the file (on pycharm) and hit the reset button, the led turn on quickly but then the red and green LEDs flash alternately. Apparently, this means an error in the script. But, I'm pretty sure there is no error in the script. So I don't know what happens there, I thought that maybe it turns on the LED and then the script finishes, so I put a while True: on the script, but still got red and green LEDs flashing alternatively.

Also, my pc won't let me install the driver for the pyboard. It says something about that the driver may not be suited for 64x systems. I'm using windows 10 btw.

I haven't install any terminal for using REPL yet. Once we solve above problems I will.

Also, I heard some people use pycham as their REPL, using the telnet or something. Do you guys know something about this? Would like to use pycharm as I'm familiar with it.

rasterman101

Re: Can't install driver for the pyboard

Post by rasterman101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:20 am

I am also new to Micropython and I did not know you could use PyCharm with the PyBoard!
Anyway, if I were you, I would download PuTTY (a SSH and telnet client).
After you have downloaded PuTTY, run sample test code from there and then try to get PyCharm to work.
http://www.putty.org/

import pyb
pyb.LED(2).on() #On blue LED
pyb.LED(2).off() #Off blue LED

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 am

A forum search on pycharm throws up several results but I haven't used it myself. If anyone gets it working, posting detailed instructions would be very helpful.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

Jaime Caballero

Post by Jaime Caballero » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you, but I m not able to install the driver yet it says is might not work for 64x systems.

[quote=rasterman101 post_id=23494 time=1511835623 user_id=3291]
I am also new to Micropython and I did not know you could use PyCharm with the PyBoard!
Anyway, if I were you, I would download PuTTY (a SSH and telnet client).
After you have downloaded PuTTY, run sample test code from there and then try to get PyCharm to work.
http://www.putty.org/

import pyb
pyb.LED(2).on() #On blue LED
pyb.LED(2).off() #Off blue LED
[/quote]

rasterman101

Post by rasterman101 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 am