Firmware for the pyboard v1.9.4 PYB: can't mount SD card

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
927tang

Firmware for the pyboard v1.9.4 PYB: can't mount SD card

Post by 927tang » Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am

I have a board which is based on the pybv1.0. As it flashed the v1.8.7 standard firmware, it can mount SD card successfully. But when it flashed higher version standard firmware, such as v1.94, it can't mount SD card. Is there any difference between them about mounting SD card. What should I do to solve the problem? I am using the mpy-cross to compile some source code into bytecode to save RAM, the v1.87 standard firmware can not be used. I need your help. Thank you!!

pythoncoder

Re: Firmware for the pyboard v1.9.4 PYB: can't mount SD card

Post by pythoncoder » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 am

If you have a custom board it's hard for others to help. To eliminate one easily made error I assume you are using Pyb V1.0 firmware ;)

My approach would be to determine exactly which firmware build results in the problem, then consult the changelog to get an idea of any SD-associated change. Then you may be able to pin down why the behaviour of your hardware differs from that of the Pyboard 1.0.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

927tang

Post by 927tang » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:15 am

Thank you for your suggestion. In fact, I have tried the different Firmware on the standard pyboard v1.0 and the SD could not mount too. Today, I bought a new pyboard v1.1 and tried two version firmware(1.87 and 1.94 for pyboard 1.1). The results is the same. I have checked the changelog file, but I could not find the causes. Anyway, thank you for your kind reply.

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:31 am

If you have a problem with a Pyboard and current firmware I suggest you create a simple test case which demonstrates the problem and post it here. Hopefully someone will be able to help.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

927tang

Post by 927tang » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 am

Thank you for your reply. I have tried another SD today and everything is OK. It's the SD problem. Thank you. I have tried a lot of SD, most of them have the problem.