Is there any way else to extend the FLASH

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
Antonio

Is there any way else to extend the FLASH

Post by Antonio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 am

The pyboard do have a SDcard, but when i use the pyboard in a new PCB in my project, the SDcard is a bit too BIG.

I want to change the SD to a SPI FLASH, but in the MicroPython downloads links there is no DFU like this,so I can not do that and have to use the SDcard.

so I suggest to make a new pyboard version, It has a SPI flash to extend its memory.

jimmo

Re: Is there any way else to extend the FLASH

Post by jimmo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am

Hi,

There is in fact a new version of the pyboard that has (two) onboard SPI flash parts -- the Pyboard D.

It is also possible to use external SPI flash with the Pyboard 1.x if you connect it to the SPI pins either on the X or Y bus. You can do this entirely in Python (i.e. with the stock firmware), but it's also possible to build a custom board definition that does this in the firmware.

Antonio

Re: Is there any way else to extend the FLASH

Post by Antonio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 pm

jimmo wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am
Hi,

There is in fact a new version of the pyboard that has (two) onboard SPI flash parts -- the Pyboard D.

It is also possible to use external SPI flash with the Pyboard 1.x if you connect it to the SPI pins either on the X or Y bus. You can do this entirely in Python (i.e. with the stock firmware), but it's also possible to build a custom board definition that does this in the firmware.
Your reply help me a lot,Thank you very much!