Recording Audio with a Pyboard

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
Tito17

Recording Audio with a Pyboard

Post by Tito17 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi
Im trying to create a code to record Audio with the Pyboard Audio skin. I don t have any experience with microcontroller so i could need some help.The last days i was looking for some code examples on several platforms , but couldn t find much information about that topic. Does anybody know some related projects. Besides recording it should include some kind of noise filter. The code is needed to record beatle sounds in the environment for later Dataanalysis.
Thanks for your time.

IHOXOHI

Re: Recording Audio with a Pyboard

Post by IHOXOHI » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:57 am

Hi Tito,

I tried to find a way for recording sound.... It looks hard project. Sound is complex and involved heavy data.
Furthermore, sound from beatlle is very, very low. For sure you need an amplification. After that, I think that you have to known wich frequences you need to record, because you can't record all frequences in a same time... A sound at 10kHz means 10000 records in only one seconde, just for one frequence! Human perception of sound spread out between 20 Hz and 20000 KHz.
Good luck.
If you succeed I will be interesting by how you have do that.

pythoncoder

Re: Recording Audio with a Pyboard

Post by pythoncoder » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm

I appreciate this doesn't answer the original question, but you can record audio in MP3 format to an SD card using a Pyboard and this adaptor, with this driver.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.