SD Card Questions

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
JimTal001

Re: SD Card Questions

Post by JimTal001 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello dhylands,

I did the following:
1. replaced my boot.py with yours.
2. made a copy of pybcdc.inf file and replaced all 9800 with 9802
3. powered up pyboard and as before device manager shows two copies of pyboard as shown below
4. I selected the first entry and loaded the modified inf file. It successfully loaded and gave me the fillowing
5. I connected to COM20 with my terminal application however, it would not communicate, meaning no prompt, no output when I pressed Ctrl D, etc.... And, when I pressed the RST button on the pyboard the Windows Device Manager returned to the state shown in the first Image.

I also tried to setup the second entry in the Device Manager, but no success.

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:49 pm

I'll have to dig out my Windows laptop and see if what happens for me...

JimTal001

Post by JimTal001 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:12 pm

dhylands,

Were you able to verify the issue? If it's a bug then basically the pyboard is not quite ready for windows system development.

Roberthh

Post by Roberthh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello all. At least I can confirm that behavior for both Windows 7 and Windows 10. When USB is set to CDC only, the device behaves differently. using the modified INF file, Windows detects a serial interface, but both Putty and TeraTerm refuse access to that port.
I had an interesting behavior with Android USB terminal emulators, which I tried today. Most of them did not work, even with plain Prolific and FTDI device. But with the one app that worked, I could get responses from PyBoard in CDC only mode, if a) I told the app it was an Prolific device, and b) DTR and RTS were switched on.
Robert

JimTal001

Post by JimTal001 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Hello Roberthh,

would you please demonstrate via example program how to set these three parameter: Prolific device, DTR and RTS?