Camera integration

The official pyboard running MicroPython.
This is the reference design and main target board for MicroPython.
You can buy one at the store.
Target audience: Users with a pyboard.
CharlesFr

Re: Camera integration

Post by CharlesFr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:37 am

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

OutoftheBOTS_ : Yes true, sorry for the misunderstanding. Image processing. :)

deshipu : Agree. Personaly, it's a another debate... but I'm not agree with what Adafruit made with MicroPython. It's become more confusing for a beginner to use the MicroPython ecosystem. (card etc...) It's not align with the main goal of the MicroPython. For an engineer, yes for the performance part but for a creative designer like me, I'm prefer something who works well and easy to use for everyone. If an engineer want something faster why not using C...? and let's us in peace... :D . (Adafruit) This kind of commercial behaviour can mess up the main project by dividing the community. (Everything was said with :) smiles and peace)

pythoncoder : I will try to make what you said... I just buy the camera on the internet. If I'm able to do that I will try with a true camera and share the whole experience. :D And if not I will ask some help from the adafruit community.

All the best,

pythoncoder

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:19 am

deshipu wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am
...CircuitPython is not more or less performant...
I'm not sure this is strictly true. Its heavy use of attributes trades ease of use against relatively slow lookups. The advice from @dpgeorge has been to avoid using attributes/properties and descriptors where performance is critical.

To quote from the docs:
Descriptors are considered "overdynamic" feature, and conflicts with the aim of being fast and efficient.
My intention here is not to "dis" CircuitPython - merely to point out its beginner friendly focus and the tradeoff involved.

I have followed the discussion about RAM fragmentation and don't know why Damien has not incorporated the apparent improvement into mainline.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

kwiley

Post by kwiley » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Does the PyBoard's UART interface support the Adafruit's camera's baudrate (38400 to 115200)? The docs for MicroPython aren't very clear on which baudrates are permitted to the UART initialization routines (https://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/ ... .UART.html). All the code examples shown in the docs always demonstrate 9600 in every case that I have seen.

It is further unclear whether MicroPython's language support might depart from the PyBoard's physical capability, which I can believe might be more limited than the language. In other words, perhaps you could pass 38400 into the UART constructor, but the PyBoard wouldn't actually work properly at any value other than 9600. I just don't know, as I can't find these details described in the docs (https://docs.micropython.org/en/latest/ ... serial-bus).

Can anyone confirm or answer these questions?

Thanks.

chuckbook

Post by chuckbook » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Don't worry to use high UART baudrates on pyboard. Most of the time 115200 baud are used. We also successfully used baudrates of up to 921000.