Micropython Workshop in Zürich

Announcements and news related to MicroPython.
pythoncoder

Re: Micropython Workshop in Zürich

Post by pythoncoder » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:40 am

Useful information, especially the graphic showing the D1 Mini pinout.
Peter Hinch
Index to my micropython libraries.

deshipu

Post by deshipu » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:58 am

pythoncoder wrote:Useful information, especially the graphic showing the D1 Mini pinout.
I actually prepared stickers that I plan to stick on the female headers on them. Should make it much easier to do connections.

Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Oh, how did I miss this! I should have started reading these forums earlier! :) Please be sure to post here again if you do a repeat, I would very much like to participate.

In fact I have been thinking about running a similar workshop at FabLab Winterthur, but focusing a bit more on Python and less on electronics, as that’s what I’m more familiar with. But I won’t have time for any preparation at least until the Zürich Mini Maker Faire (to which I just noticed you’re coming as well!). And lots of preparation will be necessary because I’m really a newbie to both MicroPython and the ESP8266. But your material should provide a nice starting point for that, thanks for making it public!

deshipu

Post by deshipu » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I will be repeating the workshop for sure. The nearest one will be at the PyCon.PL conference (in Poland), but I'm sure there will be more workshops in Zurich.

SpotlightKid

Post by SpotlightKid » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:03 am

I'm in the process of planning a MicroPython workshop too, in Cologne. But it probably won't happen before December / January.

I also recently gave a short (German) talk & demo on MicroPython:

http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2303

aleskeyfedorovich

Post by aleskeyfedorovich » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 am

Amazing guide, thank you!
The only thing I'm missing is some information on using UART (like which pins should be used and how to send/receive messages) because you are skipping it by using already existing micropython libraries.
Cheers

deshipu

Post by deshipu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm actually not using UART anywhere in that workshop, with a library or without, and that is because MicroPython's support for UART on the ESP8266 is atrocious and certainly not anything I would recommend to beginners.