Forum FAQ

Announcements and news related to MicroPython.
torwag

Forum FAQ

Post by torwag » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:48 pm

This post will be continously updated to contain the most frequently asked questions related to the forum and stuff around micropython. It does not cover micropython internals or hardware.

1. My post does not appear after submitting it.
Newly registered users need to wait for post approval by one of the moderators to avoid spam attacks. After a certain amount of posts, new users can post directly. Approval usually takes less than a day. However, we are all humans and none of us makes a living from being a forum moderator ;) . Please be patient and do not double post.

2. Why can I not use code tags in my posts?
Newly registered users can't use tags since one could also use them to add images. Unfortunately, we received quite a few not very office friendly posts with images for approval. As soon as a new user reaches the limit which enables him/her to post without approval, tags are activated.
We are working on a solution to activate code tags only, but this is something not standard within the software we are using

3. I have this awesome (remotely) related project in a crowd funding campaign / webshop. Can I advertise it here?
As much as we are happy for every new usage scenario, due to the fact that we can't control the outcome and quality of these projects, we have a strict no advertisment policy. However, if a project has a close relationship with the micropython community (e. g. created by a user or developer with a well known reputation) with a strong commitment to micropython development itself, we might be able to make exceptions. In any case contact the micropython team prior of posting to discuss the individual case.

jickster

Re: Forum FAQ

Post by jickster » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Is there a way to expedite the code-tag approval process?

dhylands

Post by dhylands » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

jickster wrote:Is there a way to expedite the code-tag approval process?
It will happen automagically after a few posts are approved.

Basically, the forum is setup so that the first few posts from a user are moderated. Once enough posts are approved then no more moderation is required. This is the point in time where the code-tags get expanded.

jickster

Post by jickster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm

It would be really helpful to mark a thread as CLOSED/SOLVED to help other people.

Ideally, the thread author or admin could do it or more trusted users could vote to close

Which brings me to another point: it'd be nice to have functionality similar to stackoverflow.

pfalcon

Post by pfalcon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

jickster wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm
It would be really helpful to mark a thread as CLOSED/SOLVED to help other people.
An author of the thread should be to edit its title and add an appropriate prefix like "[SOLVED]". It would be nice if you tried to do that e.g. in "Development" subforum, where the whole page mostly consists of posts from you.
Which brings me to another point: it'd be nice to have functionality similar to stackoverflow.
Functionality similar to stackoverflow is at the stackoverflow. There's the tag: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/micropython , feel free to go thru questions and answer them, and motivate other people to do the same.
Awesome MicroPython list
Pycopy - A better MicroPython https://github.com/pfalcon/micropython
MicroPython standard library for all ports and forks - https://github.com/pfalcon/micropython-lib
More up to date docs - http://pycopy.readthedocs.io/

vitormhenrique

Post by vitormhenrique » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello, new user here...

I found out that by "editing" a new post I could uncheck the "disable the BBCode" making possible to enable tags....

spaceman00

Post by spaceman00 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:45 pm

test post :

also any news on when the store will reopen ?
its the 29th , i wanna buy stuff