Recently we are quite a bit under attack by spammers. That might has something to do with the ongoing two kickstarter campaigns.
Nevertheless, micropython becomes more and more public and is on the transition from a niche hobby project towards a much larger industrial / academic recognized software project. Thus, I guess, we will have to fight with spammers for a much longer period.
We had to tighten up the security a bit to make sure nobody of you is bothered by spam-posts scattering the entire forum.
For all new possible users, here is current procedure:
- 1. After registration, you should receive an email for verification. This is something you might know from a lot of other forums.
2. The first few posts needs to get approval by a forum moderator. To make their life easier, stay very strictly on topic.
3. Please be patient, the moderators live in different time-zones, approvals should happen quickly (within hours), however it might sometimes take a day.
4. Do not repost.
5. If you receive a rejection and believe it is unjustified please contact the moderators, most likely you got into some sort of spammers-crossfire.
6. After a fixed amount of accepted posts, you will be able to post without any further approval.