SPIFFS test release

All ESP8266 boards running MicroPython.
Official boards are the Adafruit Huzzah and Feather boards.
Target audience: MicroPython users with an ESP8266 board.
jms

SPIFFS test release

Post by jms » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:28 am

I have now partially integrated SPIFFS and would appreciate a bit of help testing it.

It is only for devices with 4MB (I guess 8 would be fine too) of integrated SPI NOR.

The download is at http://jschneider.net/MP-ESP8266-SPIFFS-alpha1.zip

Please read the accompanying release notes.

and finally DON'T STORE ANYTHING IMPORTANT ON IT FOR NOW. It seems not to store anything but tiny files at the moment which I will fix. But I'd like to get some general comments on the way I have integrated it.

Jon

platforma

Re: SPIFFS test release

Post by platforma » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

I think it would make sense for you to have a micropython branch on github that includes the spiffs as an alternative to fatfs. I see you're saying that you still have a lot of dirty code and planning to release it later. It would be interesting to read when you do! It would also have to fit in with the filesystem conventions that already present in micropython. For now, it's hard to actually "test" anything.

jms

Re: SPIFFS test release

Post by jms » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Well I've stuck the source corresponding to my release on github except haven't included spiffs itself (which should be cloned into the micropython directory) as didn't fancy playing with submodules right now.

Also testing a clone into a clean directory gives me trouble as I have to make -C mpy-cross and that can't find the spiffs.h . Why it needs that beats me.

Anyway the URL is https://github.com/jms19/micropython.git tag alpha-1

This is my first serious use of github so expect me not to handle things properly.

Jon